As it turns out, there’s a lot more to salt than the blue cylinders that most people have on their kitchen table. From the beginnings of Jacobsen Salt Company (it started with an idea he had in Denmark, we learned) to the newest spice line from the brand — which includes a freaking ramen seasoning, Jacobsen talks the crew through everything they never knew they never knew about salt.
Not only will you learn the difference between kosher and non-kosher salt, but you’ll also learn what finishing salt is and why you shouldn’t use it at the beginning of a meal while you’re cooking. You’ll also, of course, learn how salt is made, which is in and of itself a fascinating process.
Do you love salt? Are you a finishing salt user? Do you have a preferred brand or flavor? Let us know! We’re always on the lookout for more fun food and drink to try out.
Also, if you want to pick up any Jacobsen Salt Company products, you can do so .
- What’s a Salt Cave and Why Are They So Damned Relaxing?
- How to Cook Anything on a Himalayan Salt Block
- 9 Picnic Dishes That Travel Well And Deliver On Flavor
- The Best Food and Cooking Shows on Netflix to Binge Right Now
- 10 Refreshing Summer Dishes Featuring White Beans
- 6 Creative Spins on Coleslaw
- The 5 Best Boxed Wine Brands for 2020