It doesn’t have to be National Bloody Mary Day (January 1, if you were wondering) to enjoy the delightful drink that is the Bloody Mary. Whether you’re going to day drink or you’re just going to brunch (or you’re in need of a little hair of the dog), the Bloody is the perfect drink to consume.
Outside of garnishes, Bloody Marys are incredibly malleable when it comes to what you put in them. To highlight that, we’ve collected four new Bloody Mary recipes to try out next time you’re planning a brunch.
(Created by Tabasco)
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 4 oz Bloody Mary mix*
- 2 drops sesame oil
- 2 oz dry Prosecco
- Black and white sesame seeds, for garnish
- Long cucumber slice, for garnish
- Slice of red pepper, for garnish
- Lemon peel, for garnish
Method: In a mixing glass, add all ingredients, except for the Prosecco and garnishes, and stir with ice to chill. Strain into a stemless wine glass with a large square ice cube. Top with Prosecco and garnishes.
*Bloody Mary mix
- 1.5 cups tomato juice
- .5 tbsp Diamond Reserve Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp Tajin seasoning (or .5 tablespoon chili powder)
Method: Combine all ingredients and chill until ready to use.
(Created by Jenny Lakin, Ferris, New York City)
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz tangerine juice
- McClure’s Bloody Mix, to top
- Tajín seasoning, for the rim
- Parsley, for garnish
- Celery plume, for garnish,
- 2 peppadew peppers, for garnish
- 2 olives, for garnish
Method: Rim a highball glass with Tajín seasoning. Add ice to the glass and pour in vodka, tangerine juice, and Bloody Mary mix. Garnish and enjoy.
(Created by Lucas Swallows, Momofuku Nishi, New York City)
- 5 oz high-quality tomato juice/puree (preferably Pomi strained tomatoes)
- 1.5 oz Breckenridge Chili Vodka
- .5 oz Bull Dog Tonkatsu Sauce
- .25 tsp wasabi
- 1/8 tsp yuzu koshu
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pepperoncini, for garnish
- Lemon wedge, for garnish
Method: Fill a highball glass with ice and add ingredients. Garnish with pepperoncini and lemon wedge.
(Created at Bistro Off Broad, Winder, Georgia)
- 2 oz Belle Isle Honey Habanero Moonshine
- 1 cup Bistro Bloody Mary mix*
- Old Bay, as needed
- Pickled vegetables, for garnish
- Bleu cheese stuffed olives, for garnish
- Pepperoncini, for garnish
- Lime wedge, for garnish
Method: Rim a pint glass with Old Bay and fill with ice. Add Belle Isle Moonshine and Bistro Bloody Mary Mix. Garnish with pickled vegetables, olives, pepperoncini, and a lime wedge.
*Bistro Bloody Mary mix
- 1 46 oz can Sacramento tomato juice
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 4 tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 2 oz olive brine
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
Method: Combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight.
- The Best Pickled Cocktails To Mix Up at Home
- Healthy Chili Recipes To Try for Fall
- How To Cook Kabocha Squash, the Perfect Fall Ingredient
- The Ultimate Sweet Potato Guide: History, Facts, and Recipes
- The 21 Best Halloween Cocktails for Getting Your Boo-ze On