Ten years ago men were just wearing whatever was in the closet and heading out the door. Then they heard about someone called a tailor and custom suits became all the rage. Now these tailors are taking us full circle and coming out with ready to wear. We saw Hardy Amies at Bloomingdale’s and now Windsor Custom is launching their own capsule collection.
Debuting this month in New York City at Safira in the Dream Hotel, the collection is rolling out with the attention to detail Windsor is known for – nautical striped linings, tone on tone elbow patches and ticket pockets are all great additions to this ready to wear collection. There are also three great shirts, a red check, blue check and black tuxedo shirt that men can wear from the office to the bar and not get stink eye from the more casual crowd.
If you are looking for a custom suit however, Windsor is one of New York’s great finds. Nestled under the owner’s (if the owner owns the bar) top rated sports bar, the space has it’s own private bar, pool table, tasting menu as well as 200 fabrics from England and Italy for custom suit and shirt orders.
Made in America, delivery can take from three to six weeks. Clearly men have come a long way from the days of Coogi.
- 9 Porsche Products You Need (Even If You Don’t Have a Porsche Yet)
- Make Western Wear Work for You with The Best Men’s Denim Shirts
- What to Wear Tailgating: Fall Style Essentials for Football Fans
- It’s Hoodie Season: 6 Hooded Sweatshirt Options to Keep You Warm this Winter
- Billy Reid Goes the Extra Mile to Make Menswear in America