At a recent sample sale of an up-and-coming knitwear designer one disappointed shopper turned to me and said, “Damn! He doesn’t have any scarves for sale this season. Those always make such perfect Christmas presents….”
The guy was right, especially in cold weather climes. A good scarf keeps your neck and chest warm and can instantaneously enliven the dreariest, most basic of outerwear with a bit of stylish panache. Just like their sartorial cousins the neckties, a scarf collection should never be limited to just one or two. Different colors, patterns, materials and lengths can be switched up daily so that your outdoor ensemble doesn’t become as consistently predictable and constant as an early evening winter sundown.
So if you still have some guys’ names to cross off your shopping list this holiday season or want to make over your own neck (which you are undoubtedly always putting on the line so, dammit, you’ve earned it!) consider choosing something from this selection of scarves, which runs a wide gamut of prices and style options.
Wool Cloud Scarf by SCARF SHOP ($129.98)
Infinity Scarf by WIGWAM ($22.98)
- United By Blue and Danner Boots Team Up for Brilliant Bison Boots
- The Best Labor Day Sales on Camping Gear
- Stay Fit This Winter with the Best Off-Season Training Gear for Men
- This Is the $75 Cashmere Sweater You Need In Your Closet Now
- 15 Best Travel Pants for Hiking, Exploring, and Everything in Between