Hitting an arcade, grabbing drinks, or scouring a pumpkin patch are preferable first date ideas, but as the weather turns chilly, it’s OK to get “lazy” and suggest watching a movie at your place.
Keep your game up with a great bottle of wine, homemade pizza, a plush throw blanket, and the perfect flick.
You thought asking for their number was difficult? Choosing the wrong movie will destroy you, your rep, and any mood you hope to create. Here’s a list of the 14 absolute worst movies to watch with a date. Some may be tremendous films, but they are terrible date flicks.
Watch instead: Wet Hot American Summer
Watch instead: Memento
Watch instead: The Fifth Element
Watch instead: Gone in 60 Seconds
Watch instead: Stranger Things
Watch instead: Pulp Fiction
Watch instead: When Harry Met Sally
Watch instead: The Wedding Singer
Watch instead: Mad Max
Watch instead: Listen to a record.
Watch instead: Get Out
Watch instead: A play.
Watch instead: Soul Plane
Watch instead: Dawn of the Dead
- The 12 undisputed best comedy movies of all time
- The 13 best Netflix original movies for you to watch right now
- The 10 best Adam Sandler movies (they’re not all comedies)
- The 10 best Amazon Prime original movies to stream today
- The 22 best Netflix movies to stream right now