Since becoming a major movie star in the 1980s, Nicolas Cage’s career has continued to shift and evolve. For a time, he was widely regarded as one of the most exciting and talented young actors in Hollywood. Then, his career fell off a cliff, and it suddenly felt like you couldn’t turn a corner without someone making fun of him for his latest terrible performance in a direct-to-video release. While it’s true that the actor has wracked up more than 100 acting credits over the course of his career, lately he’s managed to choose some more interesting roles that have the public reevaluating him yet again.
Being the nephew of the great Francis Ford Coppola, Cage had aspirations for greatness, hoping to create his own legacy after having changed his last name to Cage. Cage eventually broke into acting with Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and his career only blossomed further from there. He’s one of the most divisive performers of our modern age, and that’s what makes him such a legend.
- The 11 best Amazon original movies you can stream anytime
- The 10 best action movies on Amazon Prime that will blow you away
- The 14 best Netflix original movies for you to watch right now
- The best movies on Disney+ to binge right now
- The 25 best Netflix movies to stream right now