Disney is arguably the most iconic entertainment brand in the world. The company’s properties, both original and acquired, combine to produce content that transcends age demographics. Disney has built a brand that’s beloved by children, and those children eventually age into adults who introduce their kids to the films they loved when they were young. Disney’s animation alone has made it iconic, but in recent years, the company has also acquired some of the biggest pieces of intellectual property there are. And, with Disney Plus available on any device, you can watch all these movies whenever you want.
Between its acquisitions of both Marvel and Star Wars, there’s a good chance that whatever you love is being shepherded to screens both large and small by Disney. When they launched Disney+, the company was sure to fill it with both those nostalgic animated classics and plenty of new stuff as well. It’s meant to be a streaming service for all ages, which is why the selection of movies available there is so diverse. These Disney Plus movies will make you laugh and cry and leave you eager for a rewatch. Here’s a look at the best movies on Disney Plus.
A genuine holiday classic, The Nightmare Before Christmas is great in part because it’s appropriate to watch from the beginning of October all the way through Christmas. The film follows Jack Skellington (Chris Sarandon), the Pumpkin King and leader of the creepy Halloween Town. When he gets bored celebrating Halloween year after year, he stumbles upon another world where Christmas is abundant, and he attempts to harness its power and bring it home.
- The Three Detectives
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- The 10 best snowboarding movies and documentaries to add to your watch list
- The best Doctor Who episodes for new fans to watch (just in time for the 60th anniversary special on Disney Plus)
- Disney CEO says there are so many Marvel movies it’s causing the franchise to lose steam (and revenue)
- What If? season 2 Disney Plus release suggests that Marvel is burning off shows
- Apple TV Plus’ Masters of the Air: Everything we know about Austin Butler, Steven Spielberg’s follow-up to Band of Brothers