Few franchises have a firmer hold on the popular imagination than Star Wars. In spite of that enormous success, though, we’ve actually gotten relatively few Star Wars movies since the original film was released. Some of those movies have been almost total failures, while others are remembered as some of the best movies ever made. The best entries prove that the Star Wars film series is worthy of its spot as one of the pinnacles of Hollywood franchise entertainment. The worst make us wonder what exactly a midichlorian is. On top of all that, this franchise has also inspired some legendary gear.
Now, we’re taking a look at the movies that spawned everything else, and ranking them from worst to best.
- The 10 best snowboarding movies and documentaries to add to your watch list
- The best Doctor Who episodes for new fans to watch (just in time for the 60th anniversary special on Disney Plus)
- Disney CEO says there are so many Marvel movies it’s causing the franchise to lose steam (and revenue)
- Can Sony’s Madame Web avoid the backlash from The Marvels?
- What If? season 2 Disney Plus release suggests that Marvel is burning off shows