What new bourbon are we pumped about? Which hiking trail are we exploring? Why is the next supercar so cool? The Manual is dedicated to helping men live a more engaged life. Each week, our editors and guests get together for a round-table discussion about what’s new, exciting, and unique in the men’s lifestyle world. So pop open your favorite brew, step into your man cave, and start streaming.
For this week’s episode of Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Manual Podcast, the round-table — Managing Editor Nicole Raney, Social Media Manager Jake Rossman, host Greg Nibler, and special guest Rick Stella, the Outdoor Editor at our brother site, Digital Trends — explore one of the quintessential American experiences: the road trip.
First stop? The planning stage. We’ve got some great suggestions for what to bring (like Santa Claus, having a list and checking it twice is key), but you may not want to heed to our advice on where to go. Jake, Greg, Rick, and Nicole admit that they don’t plan out their destinations as well as they should, but isn’t that part of the fun? If you’re the kind of person who likes to plan a trip from to start to finish, you might find some of the guides in our road trip series useful.
The crew also discusses the merits (and frustrations) of visiting National Parks on a road trip, the importance of loading up on entertainment ahead of time, whether or not to camp or stay in hotels, and the siren song of In ‘N Out. They wrap up the conversation with a debate on the new Airstream Basecamp, a lightweight travel trailer from a big-name brand that also comes with a big price tag. A few folks with The Manual and Digital Trends reviewed the Basecamp, and we all agree on a few things: it’s gorgeous, it’s well-made, and it’s certainly handy. But is it worth $36,400? You’ll have to listen to hear our verdict.
Do you have an amazing road trip story or trip you would like to share? Give us a shout at email@example.com — we’d love to discuss! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter and keep an eye out for our weekly podcast polls so you can join the discussion.
- Everything You Need to Plan a Road Trip
- Must-Have Gear, Gadgets, and Services for Your Next Road Trip
- Best Road Trip Songs: Hit Play Then Hit the Gas
- The Manual Review: Let In Just the Right Amount of Nature with the Airstream Basecamp
- Digital Trends Review: Is Airstream’s Basecamp a Millennial Resort on Wheels or a Waste of $40K?
- The Manual Podcast’s Quarantine Chronicles, Episode 3
- The Manual Podcast Celebrates 100 Episodes With a New Name
- Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Portland Podcast Festival Episode
- Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Whole Animal Cooking Episode
- Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Cocktail Party Etiquette Episode