If you’re looking for a tasty way to add a little green into your St. Patrick’s Day festivities, take a cue from the folks at Bourbon Barrel Foods, based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Launched in 2006 by founder Matt Jamie, the company started out as the only soy sauce microbrewery in the U.S. It now offers a wide range of sauces, spices and sugars, including the Bourbon Barrel Aged Vanilla Extract and Bourbon Smoked Cacao Nibs featured in this recipe:
Makes 1 serving
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1 ounce Irish Cream liquor
1 ounce Kentucky Bourbon
1 TB Mint Julep Sugar
1 tsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Cacao Nibs, plus extra for garnish
3 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and garnish with extra smoked cacao nibs.
- What to Mix with Eggnog: A Simple Guide to Getting it Right
- 12 Delicious Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes to Gobble Up This Year
- The Ultimate Halloween Cocktail List for Getting Your Boo-ze On
- 9 Fall Cocktail Recipes to Enjoy with Cooler Weather
- Be Your Own Barista: How to Make Three Fancy Coffee Drinks at Home