When computer company Apple announced that it was getting into the streaming TV game, there were plenty of people who were skeptical about the company’s ability to pull it off. Why would the tech giant, which is most known for the Macintosh and the iPhone, have any credibility in making television shows? It doesn’t seem the two ideas would mesh in any meaningful way, but in the years since Apple TV Plus launched, the company has come up with some pretty impressive original shows, and it picked up a Best Picture Oscar on top of that.
What’s even more impressive is that these Apple TV shows and movies run the gamut from comedy to drama, and are all set in wildly different and imaginative places. Apple may be best known for making great phones, but it turns out it knows how to tell pretty interesting stories, too. These Apple TV movies and shows are the cream of the crop and the best on this streaming service.
One of the newest shows on Apple TV+, Silo is set in a post-apocalyptic future where a community is living inside the refuge of a silo that is hundreds of stories deep. Inside the silo, the members of this community are told to follow strict rules that they believe were created to keep them safe. As the show unfolds, though, we begin to understand that there are lots of secrets being kept in this particular dystopian future. Starring a better-than-ever Rebecca Ferguson in the lead role, Silo is the kind of sci-fi show that keeps you coming back for more.
- The Changeling (S1)
- The Morning Show (S3)
- Flora and Son (Movie)
- The best Stephen King movies made from Stephen King books (and where to watch them)
- The 10 best Timothee Chalamet movies ever, ranked
- These are the 13 best Brad Pitt movies, ranked
- Disney Plus, Hulu are getting major price hikes (because Disney really wants you to try the new Disney Plus bundle)
- The Creator movie preview: This post-apocalyptic AI movie seems eerily on point right now