What new bourbon are we pumped about? Which hiking trail are we exploring? Why is the next supercar so cool? The Manual is dedicated to helping men live a more engaged life. Each week, our editors and guests get together for a round-table discussion about what’s new, exciting, and unique in the men’s lifestyle world. So pop open your favorite brew, step into your man cave, and start streaming.
For this week’s episode of Beards, Booze, and Bacon: The Manual Podcast, the round-table — food and drink editor Sam Slaughter and and the incomparable host, Greg Nibler — sit down with the National Tullamore D.E.W. Ambassador Tim Herlihy to talk all things Irish whiskey.
Seeing as Ireland is the birthplace of whiskey, we felt it necessary to talk about Irish whiskey with the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day holiday. After telling the crew of his own origins, Herlihy lays out what makes Irish whiskey so special (outside of it being the birthplace of the stuff) and then expounds on why it has seen such a dramatic rise in popularity in the United States.
Following a primer on the spirit, Herlihy discusses Tullamore D.E.W. specifically, talking about everything from their various expressions and barrel finishes to their current campaign, O’Everyone, and his new book, .
If you’re an Irish whiskey fan or you’re looking to become one, then this episode is for you. Pick up a bottle of Tully and get ready to enjoy a dram or two while listening.
Are you a fan of Irish whiskey and have a favorite? Have you been to the Tullamore D.E.W. distillery? Let us know! And, if you have a question or comment for The Manual podcast crew, give us a shout at email@example.com — we’re always around! You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Make sure to subscribe and rate on your favorite podcast app, too!
- The Best Irish Whiskey to Enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day
- Heading to Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day? Book the Irish Heritage Package at the Conrad Dublin
- Irish Heart with Caribbean Soul: Tullamore D.E.W. Releases Rum Cask-Finished Whiskey
- The History and How-To of Irish Coffee
- The Best Bottles of Whiskey You Can Buy for $20 or Less
- Egan’s Irish Whiskey Coffee Collaboration Is Great for Cocktails, Too
- Roasting Coffee Knowledge with Award-Winning Mostra Coffee
- What to Mix with Eggnog: A Simple Guide to Getting it Right
- Digital Trends on Why the Latest Tech from CES 2020 Actually Matters to You