There is no shortage of beautiful fall foliage in the west. The lush green aspens, maples, larch, and willow transition into to vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds and transform some of our favorite landscapes to their most brilliant states.
If the fall colors aren’t enough to lure you to the trails, autumn is one of the best seasons for adventure for a number of reasons: fewer crowds, fewer bugs, crisp air, and the chance to see migrating animals. Sure, you might need a rain jacket, but more rain makes for better waterfalls. The cooler temperatures make it the perfect time of year to soak in a nearby hot spring.
We’ve put together a list of great fall destinations to get your adventures started. Explore the adventures below, grab your favorite fleece, fill a thermos, and hit the trails!
The Best Hikes for Fall
This was originally a post from The Outdoor Project.
- The Best Cheap North Face Jacket Deals for October 2021
- The Best Camping Quilts For Your Next Adventure in 2021
- The 6 Best Fall Running Clothes for Men to Run in Comfort
- The 53 Best Gifts for Men in 2021 and Beyond
- How To Adventure Solo: Safely Travel Anywhere by Yourself