There is no shortage of beautiful fall foliage in the west. The lush green aspens, maples, larch, and willow transition into to vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds and transform some of our favorite landscapes to their most brilliant states.
If the fall colors aren’t enough to lure you to the trails, autumn is one of the best seasons for adventure for a number of reasons: fewer crowds, fewer bugs, crisp air, and the chance to see migrating animals. Sure, you might need a rain jacket, but more rain makes for better waterfalls. The cooler temperatures make it the perfect time of year to soak in a nearby hot spring.
We’ve put together a list of great fall destinations to get your adventures started. Explore the adventures below, grab your favorite fleece, fill a thermos, and hit the trails!
The Best Hikes for Fall
This was originally a post from The Outdoor Project.
- 21 Essentials for Your Yellowstone Packing List
- Escape 2020 at 8 Of The Most Remote Places in Latin America
- 8 Breathtaking Fire Lookouts You’ll Want to Rent Right Now
- What Kind of Motorcycle Should I Get? A Guide to the Best Motorcycle Types
- Tackling the Issue of Inclusivity and Diversity in the Outdoor Community