January is a great month to spend time inside cooking up some new creations, and we’ve found something to make your culinary treasures even more tasty—products from the Stiff Salt Company.
“We started making flavored salt at home about a year ago, and after a lot of experimentation, we ended up with something that we really liked, and wanted to share it with everyone,” said co-founder Nadia Alam. Her business partner is her husband, Steven Thomas. The two were working as cooks in Toronto, Canada when they met.
Stiff Salt offers a variety of salts to complement your dishes, whether you’re a foodie, chef, or someone just trying to find the way around the kitchen. The salt that started the company is the Sriracha salt that’s versatile enough to use on most any dish. It’s created from a unique blend of Kosher salt, Sriracha sauce, garlic and cayenne pepper. Thomas and Alam suggest using it on fried eggs, popcorn or a Sriracha salt rimmed Caesar.
“Salt plays such a huge role in dishes everywhere across all cultures and cuisines,” said Thomas. “We wanted to take that, and add some interesting bold flavors that can transform a dish so that people could make really ordinary dishes taste next-level dishes.” Alam adds, “It’s a foolproof way to make anything—from scrambled eggs to fresh baked cookies—taste amazing.”
A four-ounce package of the Sriracha salt is $9.50—an affordable addition to your kitchen stock that will keep you and your dinner guests clamoring for more of yoru cooking. Other varieties include Shichimi Togarashi, Ghost pepper salt, Espresso salt, Chipotle salt, and Himalayan pink salt. They all retail for $9.50 each. At that price, we recommend trying them all.
- The 5 best ways to cook Lil Smokies, the perfect appetizer for any gathering
- Celebrity chef Zac Young gave The Manual his Guinness Green Velvet Cake recipe, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Pizza Hut brought back an iconic item for March Madness — but you can’t eat it
- Bubbly? Full-bodied and red? Zesty and white? Your favorite wine types, explained
- This NYC restaurant’s $518, 19-course tasting menu of Chinese cuisine is amazing