Patrick Kish, COO of Queen Street Hospitality Group, crafted The Big Bubba and the drink has been on the Swig & Swine menu since opening day in 2013. The team was fond of the quirky, country name and thought it would be a fun fit for their barbecue joint. Virgil Kaine Ginger Infused Bourbon was Patrick’s go-to bourbon base because the style was really popular at the time and the flavor just worked. The addition of the pineapple and basil made for a great, refreshing, well-balanced cocktail. We couldn’t agree more.
Enjoy The Big Bubba bourbon cocktail while your barbecue smokes or while savoring the final product–the combination of the intense smokey flavors of the BBQ with the slight spice of the ginger-infused bourbon combine to create a savory, solid drink that you or your guests will want any time the urge for a BBQ strikes.
The Big Bubba
(Created by Patrick Kish, Swig & Swine, Charleston, South Carolina)
- 1.5 oz Virgil Kaine Ginger Infused Bourbon
- 2-3 basil leaves
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- Splash of Goslings Ginger Beer
- Squeeze of lime
Method: Muddle the basil with the Virgil Kaine, then add ice and pineapple juice. Shake. Top with ginger beer and a squeeze of lime.
- 12 Delicious Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes to Gobble Up This Year
- The Ultimate Halloween Cocktail List for Getting Your Boo-ze On
- How to Smoke a Turkey the Right Way Every Time
- 5 Fun Ways to Use Pimento Dram in Cocktails
- Blue Hawaiian v. Blue Hawaii: What’s the Difference Between the Drinks?