Today we speak to Tommy Hall, General Manager of Halls Chophouse, one of Charleston, South Carolina’s most lively and quality restaurants and the premiere steak house in the city.
Hall has lived in Charleston for the past seven years, where his passion and dedication to serving his family business takes priority in his life. His father opened Halls Chophouse in 2009.
Tommy moved from Dallas, Texas where he served as general manager of Del Frisco’s Eagle Steak House for six years. In addition, Tommy worked as a production assistant for ABC Sports in New York and was sales manager for Mike Shannon’s Steaks and Seafood in St. Louis. Tommy graduated from Clemson University in 2001 and joined Hall Management Group in 2009.
He has an extremely driven mindset and believes hard work is the key to success. In addition to spending time with friends and family, Tommy really enjoys improving his golf game in the Lowcountry and watching sports games on the weekends. Finally, discovering great food and great wine in Charleston never gets old for him and remains one of his favorite ways to spend his free time.
Hall was kind enough to offer his very simple top three tips on cooking the best steak:
- Buy the best quality beef (it helps to tip your butcher).
- Season with salt and pepper only
- Try medium-rare for the best flavor.
As for Tommy’s personal style:
Jeans: Banana Republic
Pants: Under Armour
Suits: Hugo Boss
Shoes: Cole Haan
Accessories: Nixon Watch
Outerwear: Too warm in Charleston!
Favorite Cologne: Gucci (all of them!)
Your favorite App: Uber
Favorite piece of technology: iPhone
Next tech purchase: Apple Watch
- Tu, Charleston, South Carolina’s Best New Place to Eat is Too Good
- The Manual Awards 2018: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Chatting with Jake Meyer about Climbing Mount Everest, K2, and Regular Life
- The Manual Awards 2018: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Can’t-Miss Events at the 2018 Charleston Wine + Food Festival