What better way to spend a Saturday during autumn with a day in the country? Call up your friends, grab your car, and go look for some farm-fresh produce, cheeses and local brews. Maybe rent a cabin, have a lovely fresh dinner at a farm-to-table restaurant and most importantly, get a whiff of that fresh country air. Hell yeah!
We suggest a flannel shirt to keep you warm and comfortable. Layer a sturdy cardigan over it and bring a jacket — just in case it gets frigid at night. Sport some jeans that can take a beating, and don’t forget to select a pair of boots that are both durable and stylish. There you have it — an ensemble fit for chasing chickens and hiking trails.
Clockwise, L-R: Musto Shooting Check Stretch-Tweed Field Jacket, $750 at mrporter.com; Woolpaca Shawl Cardigan, $169.50 at duluthtrading.com; A.P.C. Navy Flannel Gingham Check Grunge Shirt, $210 at ssense.com; Acne Max Raw Straight-Leg Jeans, $190 at matchesfashion.com; Frye Logan Cap Toe Boot, $390 at zappos.com.
- Basics Instincts: A Guide to the Best T-Shirts and Undershirts
- Winter Style Picks: What to Wear When the Polar Vortex is in Full Swing
- Our Picks to Upgrade Your Winter Hat Game for Every Situation
- What to Wear with Joggers: 3 Outfits for Home, Work, and Play
- Dress to Impress this New Year’s Eve in a Classic Dinner Jacket