Although it’s a classic material that never truly goes out of style, shearling sheepskin – that’s sheep leather and fur – is having a menswear moment again this fall, with flocks of designers and brands incorporating it into their current cold-weather collections.
Durable and naturally insulating, shearling (and modern-day faux shearling) is the foundation of many a timeless bomber jacket or can be used simply as an add-on for a pop of warmth and softness. And it works and looks fantastic whether the fleece is placed on the interior or exterior.
Like most leather coats, shearling options do not come cheap, but their hardiness and evergreen stylishness rank them among the ultimate in (great) investment fashion pieces. These are coats you will be glad to commit to–for years, if not decades.
Here’s a look at 16 of our favorite shearling coats currently available, in a broad range of price points and styles….
B-3 Sherpa by ALPHA INDUSTRIES, $1,300
Adams Jacket by SCHOTT NYC, $1,225
- The 17 Best Men’s Hat Styles in 2022
- The 10 Best Wool Coats for Men in 2022
- Your Complete Guide To Black Tie Attire with Tuxedo Tips
- West Major’s Crafted Shirts Are the Latest Chapter in the Story of Western Wear
- The Best Men’s Jeans Under $100 to Buy on Amazon