In an industry where good looks go a long way, George Clooney seems born to be a matinee idol. His ascension to the top of Hollywood makes sense, but there’s way more to Clooney than his beauty and charm. What makes Clooney such a great actor is the way he can slide into a huge variety of roles and make them all seem natural. He can be a sexy, sly criminal, a lawyer who’s dead inside, or a bumbling oaf trying to find his way home.
All of these roles work on Clooney, because he fits well in both comedies and dramas. Much of Clooney’s best work as an actor comes from collaborations with a few great directors, but Clooney himself has also stepped behind the camera with great success. Clooney hasn’t acted as much in recent years, but he’s still one of America’s most compelling movie stars, even if he also proves to be one of the last of that dying breed.
- The 18 Best Amazon Prime Series To Binge This Week
- The 20 Best Netflix Movies To Stream Right Now
- The 30 Best Netflix Shows To Stream for April 2022
- The 18 Best Amazon Prime Movies to Stream Right Now
- The 11 Best War Movies of All Time, Ranked