Aston Martin is apparently very eager to show us its new Aston Martin DB11 Volante convertible. It recently released this photo showing the rear end of the new convertible with its top up, with the tagline “Opening Spring 2018.”
The photo shows how Aston reshaped the DB11’s rear in the transformation from coupe to convertible, but the car won’t be available to the public for over a year. Talk about jumping the gun. The DB11 Volante appears to have sharper creases at the tops of its rear fenders than the DB11 coupe, but otherwise the styling is pretty close to that model. Some rough edges, including an ill-fitting panel behind the convertible top and a stubby protrusion that looks like a vestigial rear spoiler, are apparent. It seems Aston still has some development work to do, hence the Volante’s spring 2018 launch date.
- Zagato Celebrates 100 Years with a Pair of Bespoke Aston Martins
- Volkswagen Finally Squashes the Beetle with 2019 Final Edition
- The 710-Horsepower Ferrari 488 Pista Spider Is Finally Here
- Mother of God, Listen to the Aston Martin Valkyrie Roar
- James Bond’s LEGO Aston Martin DB5 Comes With All Your Favorite Gadgets