Now, more than ever, it probably feels like we’re living in a sci-fi movie. A pandemic has spread across the planet, killing thousands, while governments have taken varying measure to try to contain it (while, to varying levels either taking care of or ignoring their own citizens). Meanwhile, a few heroes — doctors, food service workers, et cetera — are doing whatever they can to save humanity. You literally can’t make this stuff up.
In these precarious times, perhaps it’s best to explore the dystopian warnings of the past in the hopes of finding solutions for this terrible present. And if that doesn’t work, at least a little bit of escapism would be nice. The best sci-fi movies of our generation can help you with that.
- The best Stephen King movies made from Stephen King books (and where to watch them)
- The 10 best Timothee Chalamet movies ever, ranked
- The best Nicolas Cage movies (some of these are seriously underrated)
- The 12 best movie drinking games to play while watching the films
- Ranked: The best Disney movies of all time (for kids of all ages)