Commemorating Black History Month is an important reminder of the integral role that Black Americans have had in our nation’s history. Because the commemoration is a month long, though, there are some who may be wondering what the best ways are to be mindful of what the month is supposed to signify. It may seem surprising, but watching a good Black history movie or a great movie about Black life can do exactly that, which is why we’ve gathered 10 great movies to watch for Black History Month below.
There are far more movies you could watch than will ever fit on a single list, so we’ve tried to boil it down to a few essential titles. Thankfully, though, there are plenty of great movies past these 10.
- The best movies on Amazon Prime to watch in March
- From Air to The Tomorrow War, these are the 14 best Amazon Original movies you can stream anytime
- The Irishman, Extraction, The Gray Man, and more: The 10 best action movies on Netflix
- The 10 best snowboarding movies and documentaries to add to your watch list
- The best sci-fi movies to stream on Max right now