Boxing is having a moment right now. From highly anticipated heavyweight bouts to exhibitions of old rivals to the insanely hyped celeb boxing, boxing fans new and old alike are turning their eyes to the sport’s latest renaissance. Notice how we say “latest,” for boxing already features many great moments of glory in its rich history.
And all those moments come with great and inspiring stories filled with larger-than-life knockouts by larger-than-life men and women. It would take all day to find the best boxing documentaries on streaming platforms, but this list should be a good starting point. By watching these eye-opening docs, you’ll learn more about the most historic fights, the biggest fighters, and the global reach the sport has owned since the dawn of its existence.
- The 7 best golf documentaries to watch this year
- The 16 best sports documentaries of all time
- Sate your wanderlust with the best travel documentaries and shows on Netflix
- The 10 best movie drinking games to play on Netflix
- The best Nicolas Cage movies (some of these are seriously underrated)