As overlooked destinations continue to drift onto our radars, Berlin has been a constant. A cultural hub that remains appealing year after year. You can imagine our delight then, when we heard of the opening of Gorki, a new development in the eternally cool Mitte district, housing 35 bespoke apartments and two soon to be open penthouses.
Gorki was created by esteemed interior designer Sandra Pauquet and architect Kim Wang. Together, the creative duo has created 35 versions of dreamy zeitgeist living, each with its own personality that wouldn’t look out of place on the finest interior inspiration tumblrs. White walls, parquet floors, raindance showers, complimentary Pelago bicycles, laptop safes and Nespresso coffee machines are just some of the mod-cons and living luxuries that feature within each pad.
Discretion is intrinsic to the concept. Instead of being numbered, each apartment is dubbed a fictitious name and guests are invited to travel under the radar with a pseudonym- equally ideal for celebs on tour or for those pretending to be a celeb on tour. Ultimately, these mod chambers have been built with long-term residents in mind- each apartment even has its own mailbox- but if you’re craving a short-term stint living as a native Berliner we highly recommend booking in. Just brace yourself when it comes to leaving…we have a feeling you’ll want to ditch your old life and stay put.
- Don’t Be a Tourist, Be a Traveler with Cohica, the Experiential Travel Planning Service
- Cut Down On Your Counter Clutter With Material’s Kitchen Fundamentals
- Indulge in the Sweeter Side of Burns Night with these Scotch-Infused Chocolates
- Natty Light and Jake Johnson Want to Pay Off Your Student Loans
- This Rally-Prepped Porsche 356 is Only as Impressive as its Trailblazing Driver