As overlooked destinations continue to drift onto our radars, Berlin has been a constant. A cultural hub that remains appealing year after year. You can imagine our delight then, when we heard of the opening of Gorki, a new development in the eternally cool Mitte district, housing 35 bespoke apartments and two soon to be open penthouses.
Gorki was created by esteemed interior designer Sandra Pauquet and architect Kim Wang. Together, the creative duo has created 35 versions of dreamy zeitgeist living, each with its own personality that wouldn’t look out of place on the finest interior inspiration tumblrs. White walls, parquet floors, raindance showers, complimentary Pelago bicycles, laptop safes and Nespresso coffee machines are just some of the mod-cons and living luxuries that feature within each pad.
Discretion is intrinsic to the concept. Instead of being numbered, each apartment is dubbed a fictitious name and guests are invited to travel under the radar with a pseudonym- equally ideal for celebs on tour or for those pretending to be a celeb on tour. Ultimately, these mod chambers have been built with long-term residents in mind- each apartment even has its own mailbox- but if you’re craving a short-term stint living as a native Berliner we highly recommend booking in. Just brace yourself when it comes to leaving…we have a feeling you’ll want to ditch your old life and stay put.
- The Frank Lloyd Wright-Designed House from ‘Blade Runner’ is For Sale and We Want It
- Masculine Style Meets Off-Grid Living In This Unique House That Goes Where You Do
- Behind-the-Scenes at Van Dam Custom Boats’ Workshop and Design Studio
- The Best Restaurants, Hotels, and Things to Do in the Catskills
- Furrion Elysium RV Has a Heli Pad, Hot Tub, Wine Fridge, and More