Remember that t-shirt you had when you were little that changed colour depending on the heat? Well we’ve discovered the grown-up version and it’s way more sophisticated and 100% more awesome.
Set to hit stores in mid-March, the Marina Heat Reactive Jacket by Stone Island pays testament to the super smart engineering that the brand has become synonymous with. Designed with yachting in mind, the Marina jacket is both wind and waterproof and features a super simple, pared-back silhouette and a press-stud concealed hood, which proves just as handy for running around town in the rain as it is on stormy seas.
But the real story lies in the lightweight cotton canvas fabric. Beneath a resistant polyurethane coating, the cotton canvas contains micro coloured molecules, which change color gradually depending on the temperature. So the warmer it is out, the more lavender the jacket appears. Pretty cool right? Crazy party trick potential…
- Levi’s x Justin Timberlake Fresh Leaves Collection is Fall Fashion Done Right
- 6 Best Leather Jackets for Men This Season
- What’s in Our Weekender: Everything to Pack for a Weekend Away this Fall
- What to Wear Tailgating: Fall Style Essentials for Football Fans
- The Color of the Season: Where to Get it and What to Wear