Eyewear might not be the top priority of your budget right now, but buying stylish eyewear does not have to break the bank. While we all want $600 Oliver Peoples frames, there are other more affordable options. The newest to the U.S. is Archibald Optics, an online retailer that mirrors Warby Parkers successful online model. Archibald Optics is based in London and sells both lens and frame for about $250 in most cases.
We know these may seem exactly like Warby Parker but they have an advantage. What makes these special is that these frames are handcrafted in Fukui, Japan. Check out their video (below) of the process. Since these specs were just introduced in the U.S. in June you’d likely be one of the first to have them. When you make your initial order, you get three styles that you choose in what they call a “Home Try-On Kit.” Once you pick your favorite, you send the frames back, and the company puts your prescription in and sends your finished glasses to you. The whole process takes a couple weeks and it’s conveniently done from the comfort of your home. Try it out for yourself here.
- Eat Beer on Your Next Hike With a ReGrained Granola Bar
- Yoga for Men: Small Beginner Poses to Find Big-Picture Perspective
- Give Your Space a Fresh Start in the New Year With these Home Ideas
- How to Cook Lobster: 3 Simple Ways to Prepare at Home
- Do Yourself a Favor in 2018 and Resolve to Clean Your Closet