Crosby Street in New York City’s buzzing SoHo district has, in less than a year, been transformed from a sleepy forgotten back lane off Broadway into one of the best shopping destinations in Manhattan, with the addition of Saturdays Surf, Bonobos and Carson Street Clothiers. Now there’s another good reason to brave the weekend crowds and jump onto Crosby: Aether. Four years after launching, we still think Aether makes some of the best-designed outerwear around for the outdoor guy with a cool design sensibility. But if you’re looking to glimpse the future of retail design and stock up on sleek, functional everyday wear, we suggest sprinting, not walking, to this 21st-century man-cave. Among the highlights: a 16 foot-high wall constructed out of stacked logs as well as 34 custom-made wood crates made with white laminate interior and LED lights. The first-ever New York location for Aether founders Jonah Smith and Palmer West, AETHERnyc stocks men’s and women’s apparel, including outerwear, knits, accessories and a small but fine assortment of third-party goods. 13 Crosby Street, New York, NY 10013. (212) 226-8349.
- Billy Reid Goes the Extra Mile to Make Menswear in America
- The Best Restaurants, Hotels, and Things to Do in the Catskills
- 3 Luxury Resorts in the Northeast that Outdoor Enthusiasts Will Love
- Milk Barn is the Perfect Catskills Getaway and It Could Be Yours
- This Tiny A-Frame Cabin Aims for Zero Environmental Impact