If you’re a record collector in New York City, then we’ve got your weekend plans set. On Saturday, July 27, Discogs — one of the top names in the vinyl-selling business — is hosting a free fair in Times Square. As the name Crate Diggers implies, this is your opportunity to sift through tons of albums and score big on new releases, quality repressings, coveted titles, or even rare albums.
What’s going to be even more fun than walking away with some new vinyl for your collection, however, is the after-party. The actual fest, which runs from 10 am to 6 pm EST, is free for everyone, but from 7 pm to 1 am, there’s going to be a can’t-miss concert at the Playstation Theater in Times Square. Method Man and Redman, Roy Ayers, Funk Flex and DJ Red Alert, Smif-N-Wessun, Black Moon, Mad Skillz, and more are set to take the stage.
Normally, tickets to the after-party would set you back $50. However, if you snag one now and enter the discount code DISCOGS at checkout, then your ticket will only be $25. You read that right — because our friends at Discogs are so sweet, they want you to come to Crate Diggers for half-off the normal price.
So not only will have the opportunity to find your new favorite vinyl, but you’ll also be able to see legendary acts like Roy Ayers and Method Man in one night. For cheap.
Heading out this weekend? Here’s everything you need to know about Crate Diggers:
- When: Saturday, July 27
- Time: Free record fair is from 10 am to 6 pm EST; concert starts at 7 pm.
- Where: Times Square
- Address: Playstation Theater, 1515 Broadway
- Who’s on the lineup: Method Man and Redman, Roy Ayers, Funk Flex and DJ Red Alert, Smif-N-Wessun, Black Moon, Mad Skillz, and more.
- General admission tickets: $50
- VIP tickets: $150
- Your GA tickets with the discount code DISCOGS: $25
- Where to buy tickets: Right here.
If you’re not exactly sure what you’ll be looking for at the Crate Diggers booths, here are 25 albums that we think every man should own.
- 25 Vinyl Albums Every Man Should Own
- Farmhouse Catskills Brings Swanky, Mid-Century Modern Panache to Rural New York
- How to Cook Steak in the Oven
- The Best Things to Do in Tokyo if You’re Traveling Solo
- Cocktail Culture Reaches Tea as Whittard of Chelsea Launches New Line