Australian actor Chris Hemsworth is best known as the God of Thunder, Thor, in the expansive Marvel Cinematic Universe, but what does one need to do to be considered for such a legendary role, besides getting into Thor-like shape and having the right heritage? The guy has acting chops.
Hemsworth has acted in an array of roles, from comedy to thriller all the way to drama and, of course, more sci-fi. His filmography features more roles than most would expect, and not even all of them are included in this list. However, given that his most prevalent character is Thor, and that accounts for a whopping seven out of 25 movie roles, I’ve decided to rank his top performances that don’t include the hammer swinging, emotion-bottling demigod. These movies overall range from subpar to great, but the rankings are based on Hemsworth’s performances alone.
- Our favorite spy movies, ranked
- The 11 best Sean Connery movies of all time
- The 16 best war movies of all time, ranked
- The 14 best Netflix original movies for you to watch right now
- The 10 best Woody Harrelson movies and shows, ranked