Australian actor Chris Hemsworth is best known as the God of Thunder, Thor, in the expansive Marvel Cinematic Universe, but what does one need to do to be considered for such a legendary role, besides getting into Thor-like shape and having the right heritage? The guy has acting chops.
Hemsworth has acted in an array of roles, from comedy to thriller all the way to drama and, of course, more sci-fi. His filmography features more roles than most would expect, and not even all of them are included in this list. However, given that his most prevalent character is Thor, and that accounts for a whopping seven out of 25 movie roles, I’ve decided to rank his top performances that don’t include the hammer swinging, emotion-bottling demigod. These movies overall range from subpar to great, but the rankings are based on Hemsworth’s performances alone.
- The best movies to watch on Peacock in December
- The best movies on Amazon Prime to stream in December
- These are the best shows and movies to watch on Apple TV Plus in December
- The 14 best Christmas movies to watch this year
- The 10 best snowboarding movies and documentaries to add to your watch list