Everyone knows that Black History Month is in February, but did you know that Black Music Month is celebrated every June? If you’re a fan of history or music, black music documentaries are an excellent way to learn about both, and with so many streaming services out there, the options are pretty much endless. From Netflix to Hulu and Amazon Prime to HBO, all of the major platforms will have offerings in celebration of black music month 2022. Check out our top ten picks and how you can watch each of them below.
With all of the choices for streaming documentaries and movies, it can be tough to figure out precisely what to watch. If you’re looking to brush up on music, history, black history, and more, what better time than Black Music Month? These films and series explore the rich history that is Black Music History — and the soundtracks are all fantastic too.
- The 10 best snowboarding movies and documentaries to add to your watch list
- Here are 10 famous speeches in history that continue to stand the test of time
- 10 incredible LGBTQ movies you need to stream right now
- 10 LGBTQ+ shows you need to binge for Pride Month
- The 10 coolest sci-fi weapons in TV and movie history, ranked