Even as he continues to do great work, Al Pacino is already a legend. He’s played a number of iconic characters and proven over and over again that he’s one of the defining actors of his generation. In his early roles, Pacino exerted effortless charisma whether he was playing sympathetic criminals or merciless crime lords (he’s played a lot of criminals). As his career continued, Pacino became known for delivering hammy, tuned-up performances, and he certainly did that on occasion.
Even so, the latter part of Pacino’s career has served up some of his best work, and it’s given him the chance to work with a number of legendary directors. Pacino is still one of the great actors of his generation, and his work continues to prove that. You may have a preference for early or late Pacino, but there’s plenty of work to be admired in both periods.
- The 13 Best War Movies of All Time, Ranked
- The 18 Best Amazon Prime Movies to Stream Right Now
- 10 Must-See Movies to Watch That Won Oscars
- The 8 Best Movies To Watch on Peacock Right Now
- The Best Movies Available on Paramount Plus