What do you get when you mix a high-end point-and-shoot with a designer denim brand? In a nutshell, you get a camera that looks just as good as the pictures it takes. Leica has always favored a vintage aesthetic in their cameras, but the new D-Lux 6 G-Star RAW takes the company’s signature style to a whole new level. Through a partnership with Dutch designer G-Star, Leica has given the classic camera a snazzy new look, adding raw denim accents to compliment the camera’s bold gunmetal finish.
To be sure, This isn’t the first time that Leica has partnered with a fashion brand to produce a limited edition line. A few years ago they did made a super limited-eition M9 designed in collaboration with Neiman Marcus, but in order to get your hands on one of those badboys, you needed to shell out over 17 grand. Don’t worry though, the G-Star edition camera is much more reasonably priced. It’ll only put you back $1,300, which isn’t half bad for a camera of this caliber.
As far as specs go, the G-Star Raw edition is exactly the same as the standard model D-Lux 6, meaning it’s sporting a 1.7″ CMOS sensor, manual control knobs, a zoom range of 24 to 90mm, full-HD video, and of course, RAW image capture for stills. Each camera also comes with a custom leather case and a set of G-Star carrying straps. Find out more here.
- Keanu Reeves’ Arch Motorcycle Shop Debuts Hyper-Limited Method 143
- Giveaway: 2 Sharp-Looking Knives From France’s Famed Opinel Brand
- Celebrate National Pizza Day with this Hearty Mushroom Pie Recipe
- Shred the Slopes on a Pair of Jackie Chan-Inspired Skis
- Leatherman Celebrates Its 35th Anniversary by Upgrading Celebrated Multi-Tools