The Standard Hotel has always keep us on our toes with their collabs, pool parties, skating rinks and bonkers Art Basel parties. Needless to say we are eager to head out to Los Angeles for their brand new ping pong club, SPiN, a partnership between Standard owner André Balazs and Susan Sarandon.
It features three bars, 11 customized red top ping pong tables, a full size exhibition court and even an exclusive ping pong table by artist Ryan McGinness. Guests will be able to book lessons with pros, and programming and tournaments will happen throughout the week with neighborhood ‘friends’, downtown businesses, music and the Hollywood set.
The SPiN Standard menu was created by Chef Micah Fields from The Standard, Downtown LA so expect ahi tuna skewers, angus beef sliders and apple cider doughnuts, quick bites you chomp down between paddles. There are equally great cocktails such as The Drop Shot (vodka, elderflower liqueur, lychee) and The Spinlini (prosecco, grapefruit, St Germain, vodka) as well as local IPA’s on tap.
SPiN is a ping pong club created by a group of fanatics as well as Ms. Sarandon with clubs in New York, Milwaukee, Toronto and now Los Angeles. Become a member or just drop by after work and paddle to your heart’s content.
- Our/Vodka is the Global Liquor Brand with Local Flavor
- P. Tendercool Furniture is Made of Wood Sourced from Traditional Southeast Asian Homes
- 10 Top Shelf Vodka Brands that are Actually Worth a Damn
- The Best Vodka Mixers For Stocking Your Home Bar
- You Can Now Legally Take Your Weed Through LAX Airport (Sort of)