There are 100s of reasons to be crazy about summer. From the beach to ballgames, the list of things to do is never-ending. And if you appreciate live music as much as us, you know it’s also the season for free shows across the country. Which is why we’re super excited the Vans House Parties have started once again.
If you’re in the NYC-area and have never been to Vans’ annual concert series, this is the year to go. Presented by FYF, all shows are held at the House of Vans in Brooklyn’s Greenpoint neighborhood. Along with an indoor concrete bowl and outdoor skate plaza, the massive warehouse space will turn into a live music venue for six Thursdays this summer, and the lineups are killer. With acts like Chrome Sparks, The Black Lips, The Bouncing Souls, Future Islands and Holy Ghost!, these shows are definitely not ones to miss.
We attended the kickoff last Thursday featuring Charles Bradley, Mac DeMarco and Benjamin Booker, and it was a fantastic night of music. Sound filled the indoor space as people watched the show while others gathered with their drinks in the huge outdoor courtyard. Mac DeMarco even crowd surfed because he’s amazing like that.
All shows are free with RSVP and open to the public of all ages. Doors open at 7, but admission is first come first serve, so we suggest arriving early. To learn more about the Vans House Parties and to RSVP for the next show, visit vans.com.
- 5k to 50k… Under Armour’s Mountain Running Series is Back for 2018
- Why You Should Plan a Trip to Santa Barbara, California Right Now
- Where to Find the Most Over-the-top New Year’s Eve Parties in the U.S.
- Sunshine is Calling: The Best Hotels, Bars, and Restaurants in Miami
- The CamelBak PURSUIT Series is Like Summer Camp for Adults — Here’s the 2018 Lineup