If you don’t have the money or the time to maintain a gym membership, getting in a daily workout can be tough. However, boxing instructor and gym owner Brian Pedone has come up with a rather novel solution. Enter The Quiet Punch: a miniature punching bag that attaches to your door frame and takes the same beating as a normal bag chained to a post.
Setup is pretty easy. Two lightweight suspension rods fasten to a door frame (much like a shower curtain rod). A pad with bungee ropes attaches to the first bar, which is set above your head, and the second bar is placed just low enough to create tautness. The reverberation is silent, so you can practice while not disturbing your neighbors or lovers, and the whole package is easily transportable and great for travel.
The Quiet Punch comes with a phone app that can track your progress on the bag. The rig includes a clip that secures your phone above the bag (and out of the way of the action) so you can view a variety of video workouts designed for the equipment. The workouts range from beginner to advanced and are available in 15-, 30-, or 45-minute segments.
The Quiet Punch is going through allocated orders now. You can purchase yours here and finally have a way to quietly work out your rage from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Images Courtesy of Buatti Ramos Photography/Quiet Punch
- Why You Should be Actively Stretching for a Better Workout
- How to Build Your Own Home Gym for Under $350
- You Need a Vacation: 5 Midwestern Camp-Style Lodges Where You Can Unplug
- The Best Backpacking Gear for Men to Get You on the Trail in 2019
- Protect Your Pup Against 4th of July Fireworks with Ford’s Prototype Noise-Canceling Kennel