Travel long enough and you realize that most hotel gyms suck.
The simplest solution to staying fit on the road then is to rely on yourself — more specifically your bodyweight — for a proper workout. Here are four of the best exercises for travelers that you can perform almost anywhere with little to no equipment at all. These deceptively simple exercises require only a bit of floor space. But, in just 30 minutes or less, you’ll put your glutes, hamstrings, and quads to work. The best part is that it’s a straightforward workout that’s easy to memorize so you can use it anywhere, anytime.
Bodyweight Squat (a.k.a. “Air Squat”) – 12 reps
Glute Lunge – 20 reps
Mountain Climber – 20 reps
V-Sit Up – 20 reps
Every full group of these four exercises is one “round.” Aim for four to six total rounds to start and increase according to your personal fitness level. For a higher intensity workout, simply up the reps and shorten the time between rounds so that you’re resting as little as possible. The total daily investment should be thirty minutes or less.
Don’t forget that nutrition contributes to at least 75 percent of your personal health. While traveling, it’s easy to go off the rails and eat like you’re on vacation. But, you can’t outrun or out-train a lousy diet!
- Resolution Solution: Workout Gear for the New Year
- Brew the Perfect Jolt of Java with these Home Espresso Machines
- Driverless On-Demand: Ford’s Self-Driving Car Will Deliver Your Postmates Order
- Manta5’s Hydrofoiler XE-1 is the World’s Most Advanced Overwater Bicycle
- HuntCrafted is Like Etsy for Handmade Outdoor and Camping Gear