If you’ve ever dreamed of an off- road vehicle that you can valet – wait no more. Arizona-based Local Motors has created just that. In its seventh year of operation its newest model of their Rally Fighter (created in 2009) is batmobile meets Mercedes. Rally Fighter has the look of a sports car that’s lifted on heavy-duty wheels with a $100,000 price tag. Obviously, not everyone’s price range, but if you can drop the cash on this luxury item there’s a unique catch. You build it …in Arizona. It’s a four week process and Local Motors flies you to to the desert and pairs you with an expert to help you build your car in their facility outside of Phoenix. The Rally Fighter is believed to be the first car that is hyper-locally manufactured.
Specs of this luxury toy include 6.2 Liter, V8 Engine, and 430 Horsepower at 5,900 rpm with an automatic transmission. Designs for each model are submitted through crowdsourcing, a technique that asks a global community – in this case online – to submit input into look and build of each vehicle. They only produce about 2,000 models of each vehicle. The current model was creative design of Sangho Kim of Pasadena who won the online design competition in 2009.
- Lunaz Rebuilds History’s Most Legendary Cars As High-Powered Electric Vehicles
- LEGO for Adults: The Best LEGO Sets for a Grown-Up Good Time
- 5 Vehicle Reveals We Can’t Wait to See at the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show
- Tesla’s Bizarre, Bulletproof Cybertruck Is Straight Out of Blade Runner
- Declare Your Rebel or Imperial Allegiance With Columbia Sportswear’s New Star Wars Jackets