Own Part of a Brewery with Brewdog’s Equity for Punks
If you’ve ever wanted to be part-owner of a brewery, Scotland’s BrewDog—perhaps most famous for this beer stuffed in a squirrel or their show Brew Dogs—is giving fans a chance to own a part of their new stateside, located in Columbus, Ohio.
The Equity for Punks program allows anyone to purchases shares in the company and, in so doing, have a say in how the brewery functions. Originally launched in 2010, co-founders James Watt, Martin Dickie, and the rest of BrewDog crew are bringing the program to the US to raise up to $50 million by selling 1,052,632 shares of Common Stock in BrewDog USA Inc.
Currently, BrewDog is at work on their state-of-the-art brewery that is located ten miles from downtown Columbus. The 100,000-square-foot space houses a 170 barrel brewhouse, twenty-two fermentation tanks, forty-head high-speed canning line, and 640,000 barrel brewhouse capacity. Initially, the brewery will have a fermentation of 85,000 barrels, but can eventually accommodate 1.5m barrels.
Related: Stone Brewing Bets Big on Germany
For those interested in investing, each share costs $47.50 and the minimum investment is $95. Shareholders get numerous benefits, including:
- An Equity for Punks ID card.
- A 5% discount in all BrewDog bars around the world.
- A 20% lifetime discount on the BrewDog USA shop.
- Free tours of BrewDog Columbus and Ellon.
- An invite to the USA AGM, which is a “soon-to-be legendary beer, music and food festival” exclusively for shareholders.
- Access to the Shareholder Forum and Community.
- A say in how the company is run.
At eleven shares and above (a $500 investment), investors get even more rewards, including:
- 3 bottles of an exclusive barrel aged BrewDog beer. ($500)
- Your name on the Equity Punks wall of fame in the Columbus brewery. ($1,000)
- An exclusive Dead Pony Club Brooklyn Brew Shop Kit. ($2,500)
- A bottle of Death or Glory. ($5,000)
- The opportunity to brew beer with Jame & Martin, BrewDog’s co-founders. ($10,000)
- A bottle of End of History. ($20,000)
- A four-day trip to Scotland for a brewery tour and beer dinner. ($50,000)
Basically, not only do you get to have a say in one of the most popular breweries in the world, but you get to do it while enjoying the fruits of the brewery at the same time.
To invest, check out www.equityforpunksusa.com.