Which new bourbon are we pumped about? What does it take to be a master journeyman? Where are we excited to travel to next? Each week, The Manual Podcast invites an expert, artisan, or craftsman for a roundtable discussion on what’s new, exciting, and unique in their trade.
For this week’s episode of The Manual Podcast, Greg and Sam sit down with founder of Dogfish Head Brewery, Sam Caligione.
A legend in the craft beer world, Sam Caligione’s name is as synonymous with craft beer as Budweiser is with big beer. This year, the brewery celebrates 25 years and, while it is not the first craft brewery out there, the Milton, Delaware-based operation has certainly had a mighty impact on the scene since its inception.
Caligione begins by catching the guys up on how he got started and what the first few years were like. From there, the conversation dives into the state of craft beer and what might come next, as well as what has happened during the course of COVID.
In addition, Caligione talks about the bounce back to regional ingredients and micro breweries and why they are seeing an uptick in success in the last few years especially.
A 25-year celebration wouldn’t be complete, though, without a marker of some sort, and while it was delayed, Caligione talks about his upcoming book The Dogfish Head Book: 25 Years of Off-Centered Adventures. The book is a highly visual exploration of the brand over its history and was written in collaboration with Mariah Calagione, and longtime co-worker & Dogfish Inn INNkeeper Andrew C. Greeley.
Do you love a good kerchief? If so, how do you typically wear one? Let us know. We want to hear from you. If you ever have a question or comment for The Manual Podcast folks, give us a shout at email@example.com — we’re always around! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you can join the discussion. Don’t forget, too, to rate and review the podcast where you download it.
- 11 Lowest-Calorie Craft Beers for Watching Your Beer Belly
- The 10 Most Important Craft Beers in American History
- We Ranked the 10 Best Fruit Flavors For Beer
- 11 Types of Beer Glasses for Every Style of Beer
- Indianapolis Travel Guide: Rediscovering the City at the Crossroads
- 20 Hulu Movies to Stream Right Now
- 11 Excellent Wineries in America Worth Booking a Vacation for
- This Beloved Oregonian Brewery Wants To Preserve America’s Essential Watersheds
- Your Guide to the Best Breweries in Savannah, Georgia