Decorating your home or apartment can be a daunting task no matter what your situation. Maybe you’re moving into a new place and have yet to buy all your furniture. Perhaps you’ve collected so many pieces over the years, you have no idea how to make them flow in your current space. Or one of your New Year’s resolutions could be to make your dwelling a little more polished and handsome. Whatever the home improvement task may be, Homepolish is here to help. They believe interior design is a lifestyle, not a luxury, and everyone deserves to enjoy it. So we asked Co-Founder and CEO Noa Santos to give us some expert tips on how to improve your home in the new year. Check out our favorites below.
2. Lighting is everything. Stop using the overhead lights (unless they’re on a dimmer) that came with your apartment and pick out a few wonderful lamps. Establish at least three points of light around a room by adding lamps to your end tables or on your media console. If you can’t find a lamp, group together a few great pillar candles of various heights.
3. Bring life into your apartment with a plant – and don’t even try to fake it. Figure out the places in your apartment that get the best light and add some green. Take a trip to the flower district on 28th Street (if you’re in NYC) for an endless variety for all different types of exposure.
4. Make your sofa more inviting by adding a throw. Whether it’s a vibrant stripe or luxe fur, draping one along the arm of your sofa is a great way to make it feel more inviting.
5. If you’re tired of your kitchen but don’t want to paint, replace the knobs! Head over to Anthropologie for a wide selection, or surf your favorite vendor stores on Etsy.
- Give Your Space a Fresh Start in the New Year With these Home Ideas
- Keep Your Luxury Watch in Pristine Condition with these Simple Steps
- Renovate Your Man Cave Around the 2018 Color of the Year: Black Flame
- Running in the Cold: How to Exercise Outdoors When It’s Frigid As Hell
- 5 La-Z-Boy Recliners That Would Look Great in Your Man Cave