While we have nothing against grooming gift sets (they are perfect for procrastinators and workaholics), there’s something about putting together your own bespoke set that shows you really care.
It takes determination and a few brain cells to get it together. And it’s verifiable proof that you didn’t wait until the very last minute to buy the present. Though you’re welcome to come up with a handful of products on your own, we went ahead and did some of the heavy lifting (You still get an A for effort for buying sold separately sets.) to offer a six-pack option for almost every type of dude in your life.
His post-gym clean up and recovery are in the (gym) bag.
If you know someone who spends a good part of his free time in workout clothing and drenched in his own sweat, then be a good friend and make sure he’s not the smelly guy. Consider this clean-up kit that he can easily toss in his gym bag the gift that keeps on giving.
- REI Shower Kit, $19.50, rei.com
- Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper Sport Muscle Soak, $30, moltonbrown.com
- Jack Black All Over Body Spray with Citrus Mint and Rosemary, $28, getjackblack.com
- Menscience Advanced Body Powder, $16, groominglounge.com
- Task Essential Wash Off Total Body Shower Gel, $25, barneys.com
- Eir Sport Balm, $30, eirnyc.com
The elements are no match for these hardworking marvels.
For those outdoor kids who live to camp, hike and engage in other kinds of nature-y activities, this kit will help them survive in the great outdoors. Or at least look more like a man and less like a wild animal.
- The North Face Base Camp Travel Canister, $34, thenorthface.com
- Juniper Ridge Backpacker Cologne Sample Kit, $35, juniperridge.com
- Brave Soldier Antiseptic Healing Ointment, $15, bravesoldier.com
- Maack Lab Juniper Black Salve, $15, birchbox.com
- Mod Cabin Face Tonic, $16, welcomestranger.com
- People’s Soap Company Camp & Hike Soap, $9, welcomestranger.com
Send him packing with this TSA-friendly kit.
Know someone who is always up in the air? Give them a travel-ready assortment they can take along on all their jet-setting jaunts.
- Tumi Split Travel Kit, $95, tumi.com
- Proraso Travel Shave Kit, $15, urbanoutfitters.com
- Kiehl’s Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist, $17 for 2.5 fl. oz., kiehls.com
- Molton Brown Anti Fatigue Bai Ji Eye Gel, $32, bluemercury.com
- Aesop Ginger Flight Therapy, $31, aesop.com
- Malin + Goetz Vetiver Votive Candle, $16, malinandgoetz.com
The Fancy Man
He doesn’t need anything but he’ll appreciate these finer things.
Your chosen recipient isn’t a snob exactly. Let’s just say he has expensive taste. Wrap up a selection of luxe goods that will satisfy his highfalutin sensibilities.
- Paul Smith Leather-Trimmed Cotton-Twill Wash Bag, $250, mrporter.com
- Tom Ford Intensive Purifying Mud Mask, $60, tomford.com
- Buly 1803 Tortoiseshell Acetate Pocket Comb, $44, mrporter.com
- Carthusia Salone da Barba Double Edge Safety Razor, $125, barneys.com
- Martial Vivot Shampoo and Conditioner, $89, barneys.com
- Acqua di Parma Italian Resort Revitalizing Face Cream, $141, barneys.com
The Urban Lumberjack
His face sweater needs to be celebrated, too.
This guy might own an expensive ax and sport an impressive-looking beard, but he’s no Paul Bunyan. Help him keep up appearances with facial hair grooming accoutrements and woodsy scents.
- RLL Selvedge Denim Pouch, $95, ralphlauren.com
- Beard Paw Beard Wipes, $10 for 12, bespokepost.com
- L:A Bruket Beard Oil, $24, needsupply.com
- Bearded Bastard Woodsmen Cologne, $35, thebeardedbastard.com
- Crux Hand Salve, $16, cruxsupplyco.com
- Zeus Pear Wood Pocket Beard Brush, $18, bespokepost.com
He doesn’t want or need anything else in his life, but nothing is hard to wrap.
Even if your friends haven’t heard of Marie Kondo, they may already live by her less-is-more approach. To prevent them from purging your present, it’s best to stick to multitasking options, like this regimen that won’t cause clutter.
- Jack Spade Solid Ripstop Slim Travel Kit, $88, jackspade.com
- Billy Jealousy Triple Crown 3-in-1 Body Wash, $20, billyjealousy.com
- DTRT 10 Sec All in One Lotion, $37, birchbox.com
- Lab Series 3-in-1 Post Shave, $35, labseries.com
- Jao Coiffette Bomade Multipurpose Balm for Hair, Hands & Nails, $32, jaobrand.com
- Davines OI All in One Milk, $17 for 50ml, davines.com
- Men’s Guide to No Shave November 2022
- What Men Should Expect From Their First Facial
- Which Electric Toothbrush Should You Buy on Prime Day?
- I Finally Shaved My Quar Beard: Here’s Why
- Grooming Journals: How Moti Ankari Stays Instagram-Ready