Choosing a good razor is one of the most tedious processes in the grooming world. Here at The Manual, we pride ourselves in men’s grooming from skincare, manscaping, and haircare to teach you how to be the very best version of yourself. When it comes to shopping for razors it can be a bit more complicated than picking out which pomade is best to tame your flyaways. Shaving can be a daunting task — I mean you’re quite literally dragging a sharp blade down your face, so when you choose a razor it’s essential to think about possible injuries, ingrown hairs, and which razor will minimize the risk. No one wants to look like a beginner when it comes to shaving — so your best bet is finding a razor that fits your lifestyle and experience level. Electric razors are a good middle of newly experienced and a clean-cut shave without the hassle of using a manual razor.
With a bunch of razor offerings out there, we rounded up the best electric razors that will leave you with a safe shave to keep you looking your best. Quality razors can get a bit pricey so it’s best to cop them while they’re still on sale.
There are many variables that go into choosing the right razor. Whether you’re looking to shape your beard or looking for a close, clean, and smooth shave you, want to make sure you have the right products. For a close shave, you might want to opt-in for a razor with more blades. If you’re typically pressed for time or traveling, cartridge razors also known as disposable razors, and electric razors are a good go-to. They’re quick, they’re easy — you just have to know when it’s time to switch out the blades because they dull quickly. Irritation and ingrown hairs are common when it comes to electric razors so it’s always good to look into the specs when it comes to these.
For the fellas looking for a more precise shave, safety razors are where it’s at! Yes, these razors offer a lot more than just a classic aesthetic. The safety razor cuts back on any irritation cartridge or electric razors may cause. Although a bit more time consuming, you’ll definitely reap the benefits of a close smooth shave afterward.
If you consider yourself an expert in shaving and just looking for other brands and makers the straight-edge razor may be a good option for you. The classic style one blade razor typically used by barbers and dads delivers a smooth, close shave. The blade of this razor needs to be maintained frequently and with proper maintenance can last you a lifetime, and then some.
- : For Cyber Monday, Baxter will have an awesome 30% sitewide sale.
- : Some of the best deals (that you can actually shop now!) are on Amazon. With 30% off on top brands like Braun, Philips, and Panasonic, there is definitely a razor that fits your needs. Plus, if you have Amazon Prime — most offer next-day shipping.
- : Although not officially announced yet, Target usually hosts an awesome Cyber Monday sale which includes its grooming products. Last year the retailer had deals up to 30% off on razors
- Get your facial hair in order: The best beard combs
- The best beard care products for 2023
- The 7 best sunscreens for winter weather — there’s something for every skin type
- Try these 9 best body washes to freshen up your 2023
- Answer your winter hair problems: The 5 best men’s hair oils