It’s Friday and we wanna make you feel good. So this week, we’d like to introduce you to our new favorite eco-responsible accessories brand, Elvis & Kresse.
The British brand began in 2005 when design duo Elvis- aka James Henrit- and Kresse Wesling discovered a decommissioned fire hose, previously used by the London fire brigade. The pair saw the robust, durable design potential of the hose and became fixated with its life-saving story. Consequently, the hose dodged its inevitable landfill end and has been re-imagined since by a small team of craftspeople as an overnight bag, a messenger bag, a belt, an iPad cover and even a guitar strap.
Each of the reclaimed designs possesses a utilitarian edge that feels ahead of its time, and design details such as reclaimed parachute silk bag linings serve as a witty continuation of the eco spirit, yet subtle enough to retain a high-end design dignity. No two pieces are the same and each product crafted from an ex-fire hose is a different shade of red as a result of its heroic life story. Our favorite pieces are the Classic Washbag and the Dutch Tote.
So far, the brand has ‘rescued’ over 200 tonnes of waste materials, including new additions such as coffee sacks, and converted them into style-conscious, covetable accessories. On top of that, 50% of the profit made from each sale is donated back to the Fire Fighters Charity. Seriously, how much do we love these guys?
Shop the Elvis & Kresse collection here.
- Murses, Schmurses: Mini Man Bags Will Up Your Style Game While Keeping Your Pockets from Overflowing
- The Heir Waterpipe is the Most Beautiful (and Best Functioning) Bong You’ll Ever Hit
- Keep Your Toes Off the Cold Floor this Winter with the Best Men’s House Shoes and Slippers
- 15 Coffee Table Books Every Man Should Have in His Home Library
- What to Do in Mexico City: 33 Best Restaurants, Bars, Shops, and Destinations