Socks are something we really can’t get enough of here at The Manual.
Even in the summer, we need to keep them shoes sweat-free and our ankles protected from mosquitos. Giving back is something that is in our blood too, so when we learned about Conscious Step, we had to give them a go.
These are socks that fight for causes and are ethically manufactured. They are partners with first class non-profits aligned with The United Nations Millennium Development Goals, which is the world’s ‘to-do’ list of the greatest challenges faced by humanity today.
Their socks are broken down into different categories of need:
- Socks for Trees, benefiting Trees for the Future
- Socks for Education, benefiting Room to Read
- Socks for HIV, benefiting UNAIDS
- Socks for Hunger, benefiting Action Against Hunger
As for the socks themselves, they have a seamless 168 needle thread count with reinforced heels and toes for durability. There is also an embroidered ‘impact emblem’ on the ankle to remind you how you are indeed making a change in the world.
The brand was launched in January of 2014 by three friends: Hassan Ahmad, Adam Long and Prashant Mehta. To date they have donated 6000 packs of food, planted 20,000 trees and provided hundreds of hours of education.
80% of the worlds organic cotton is grown in India so the company decided it made sense to manufacture there too. They are also able to support small and marginal cotton farmers too, as well as work with a local factory, spinning mill, and fair trade cotton cooperative. The owners make twice-yearly visits to India to oversee everything.
Conscious Step retail for $14.95 a pair and $44.95 for a ‘Conscious Leap’ gift box of three (Father’s Day!)
- The Trends of 2017 We Want to End (and What We Want to See in 2018)
- Irish Coffee: The History and How-To of This Classic Caffeinated Cocktail
- Why You Should Get Travel Insurance and the Best Companies to Trust
- Keep Your Luxury Watch in Pristine Condition with these Simple Steps
- 4 Guys Paddle-Boated the Atlantic Ocean to Raise Awareness for Men’s Mental Health