You know we love it when a beautifully designed, ethically sound collab comes together. Our latest fave is this awesome four-piece collection of technology sleeves, the totally legitimate love child of Carhartt Work In Progress and Amsterdam-based accessory brand Ikku.
A trio of buddies, Daniel Archutowski, Frank Bleker and Janneke Grootings, established Ikku in 2012. The three guys set out to combine their knowledge of fashion design, product design and branding to create stylish products that encase our precious gadgets, using future friendly materials. The brand name translates to ‘coming and going’ in Japanese, to reflect the importance of where the materials are coming from and consequently, where the world is going too.
The collection consists of sleeves for iPad, iPad mini, MacBook 13’’ and MacBook 15’’. As well as Carharrt WIP’s iconic camo stain print, each design features the organic canvas recurrent in Ikku’s mainline collection. The super material is derived from cotton crops that are grown without the use of harmful toxins. A win-win situation for both the environment and the consumer as chemicals have been proven to weaken the fibres. These pieces are super durable and super covetable. We’re not even gonna fight the urge to treat ourselves to the entire line…
- Natty Light and Jake Johnson Want to Pay Off Your Student Loans
- Giveaway: 2 Sharp-Looking Knives From France’s Famed Opinel Brand
- Giveaway: Premium Merino Wool Felt MacBook Case, Valet Tray, and Wine Carrier from Graf Lantz
- Our Eight Favorite Shows from New York Fashion Week 2018
- The History of Proraso: How a Small Italian Company Became Your Favorite Grooming Brand