Hiroshi Fujiwara, head-designer of Japan’s street-style powerhouse Fragment Design, has re-imagined the classic Chuck Taylor All Star again for the latest in his ongoing Converse X Fragment collaboration series.
The godfather of Harajuku–a Tokyo neighborhood that now lends its name to a distinct Japanese youth style–Fujiwara brings his inimitable aesthetic to his multiple collaborations–from Louis Vuitton to Nike to Beats headphones.
This new quartet from Converse was designed by Fujiwara with formal wear in mind. Using genuine suiting twill for the upper portions of the sneakers, Fujiwara describes his re-design of these Chucks as, “The sneakers that go with your tuxedo…”
And while we might not necessarily want to pair these with an actual tuxedo, they’ll certainly look cool paired with black jeans or gray chinos. Coming in four colorways, black, gray, white, and black with a subtle pinstripe, these All Stars are suitable for nearly everyone’s style.
The Converse X Fragment collaboration launched February 16, 2017. Get the kicks here.
- The Red and the Black: Topo Designs X Danner Boots Collab Arrives
- Table Pong Casually Turns Your Living Room into an Arcade
- Dress to Impress this New Year’s Eve in a Classic Dinner Jacket
- Our Favorite Motorcycle Gear to Keep Us Safe When Riding
- Take a Peep at the Craft Brew Races’ 2018 Schedule of Cities