The world of facial hair is diverse and ever-growing (literally), with men starting to care more about how they look right now more than ever. One of the things the gents tend to groom is their facial hair, particularly their magnificent mustache. And if you’re one of them, then you’ve got to have one of the best mustache waxes to keep your mane under control.
Often pomade-like in terms of consistency and made from ingredients like beeswax, think of a mustache wax as another grooming tool for your face — a way to shape and style your facial hair. Many a great mustache over the years have benefited from the addition of a stylish touch of mustache wax, which actually makes your facial hair healthier in the process, too. That sounds like something worth trying out, yes? To get things rolling for you, we listed the best mustache waxes for all your facial hair needs.
When it comes to making the best mustache wax for men, there’s no doubt that The Art Of Shaving passes with flying colors. This is the priciest option on this list, but one that surely lives up to the hype.
For just $5, give your mustache a bit of old-school style with this classic formula and old-time barbershop packaging design — hey, it’s got to look stylish on your bathroom counter, right?
Keep your facial hair in shape on the go with this handy, pocket-sized mustache wax from Beardbrand — a brand that knows a thing or two about beard care.
Maybe you distinctly remember your father or grandfather’s favorite scent, and maybe even what he used to treat his beard with. You can add a bit of that throwback cool to your own facial hair with this retro-inspired wood and spice mustache wax from a classic brand.
Put ‘em up, partner — your mustache will be in fighting shape with this strong-hold mustache wax in a neat-looking tin.
Any self-respecting outdoorsman knows how to grow a great beard or mustache, right? While that might not always be the case (and it’s certainly not required!), it pays to have the right essentials on hand to care for it, like this aptly-named mustache wax.
We’re totally on board with the made-in-the-USA craftsmanship that goes into this mustache wax, which is also formulated to provide your facial hair with an all-day hold. It comes in scents like Original and Whiskey.
With a name like that, how can you not count on this epically-crafted mustache wax to keep your ‘do in sharp form?’ It’s perfect for adding some flair to your facial hair.
Taking care of your face has got to be good for your skin as well as your facial hair, and that’s why we love Beaver’s approach to natural, organic ingredients in this well-appointed mustache wax. You can grab one for $10 or a two-pack for $17.
When weighing your options for buying a mustache wax, there are a few things to consider:
- Hold strength: You want to decipher how much hold you need, and choose accordingly. For longer mustaches or those with coarser facial hair, a stronger hold is necessary. For guys with finer face hair, a light hold will work just fine. If you’re looking to curl your mustache tips into tendrils, however, you’ll need maximum-strength hold.
- Scent: Whether a wax exudes a strong scent or a mild one, you’ll want to choose something you can live with on an everyday basis. With the scent literally right under your nose, you’ll want something that doesn’t smell so intensely that it overwhelms the scent of your homemade lunch.
- Quality of ingredients: As with every facial hair product, quality is key. Make sure you’re getting a wax that boasts more than just shaping power. Your ‘stache looks only as good as its health allows it to be.
- Color: Believe it or not, some mustache waxes provide color to help get gray hairs out of the picture. Make sure you’re aware of what your wax is made of and how it’s going to affect your hair.
- The 12 Tools Every Man Should Have in His Toolbox
- A Beginner’s Guide to Fly-Fishing
- The 11 Best Tarps for Camping in 2021
- Our Essential Ernest Hemingway Reading List, Ranked
- The Best Healthy Cereals for Men, According to a Registered Dietician