There’s fashion and there’s safety gear, and never the twain shall meet, right? Wrong. A small SF-based clothing company known as Betabrand makes a collection of pants and shirts that straddle the line between safe and stylish.
In broad daylight you wouldn’t be able to tell their Bike to Work collection from any other brand, but when night falls their gear really starts to stand out. Literally. Each item in the collection incorporates a hidden strip of highly-reflective material that helps you stay visible when you ride home after dusk.
Take the britches for example. Every pair has reflective 3M tape sewn into the inseam and outseam of both legs, which can be revealed by simply rolling up the cuffs. There’s also a triangle flag pullout that deploys from the left rear pocket. But these pants are more than just flashy fabric. To make them ultra-functional and perfect for cyclists, Betabrand added a loop at the back waistband to hold a U-lock, a raised cut in the back to help cover your crack, and a true gusset at the crotch for more comfort while you ride (no more bulky seams where you don’t want them). Other biker-friendly goodies include an easy-access cell phone pocket and reinforced belt loops made especially for carabiner and key rings.
Browse the entire Bike to Work collection here.
- Peak Design’s Travel Line Is the Kind of Compartmentalized Luggage Bag We love
- Our Favorite Pieces of Gear in the Stylish Lineup of Dainese Motorcycle Gear
- Which Workwear is Right For You? Comparing Carhartt, Patagonia, and Filson
- Replace Your Shorts With the Best Men’s Pants for Fall
- The Best Work Pants for Men That Are Both Sturdy and Stylish