The Garmin Forerunner 10 is a new running watch designed to track your miles, pace, and calories. We love the convenience that treadmills provide for monitoring mileage and calories (and there is nothing wrong with wanting to watch the miles as they pass). But treadmills can feel monotonous, and running is a great excuse to spend more time outside and explore.
We like this little device because it’s like having the treadmill’s monitoring system without the actual treadmill. The watch is waterproof, so it won’t break when you sweat. It comes with a rechargeable battery and is extremely runner-friendly with a few easy-to-use buttons.
Our favorite feature is that the watch monitors your entire run and will tell you when you break personal records for distance and speed: Motivation at the push of a button.
It is pricey, but there’s nothing like the $130 watch sitting on your counter to get your ass out on a jog. We know, we know. With everyone telling you that you don’t even need shoes to run these days, why pay for another gimmick? But if that gimmick helps you to track your progress while giving you a break from the screen, that’s reason enough for us.
- The Best Men’s Watch Gift Guide, From $10 to $1,000
- 10 Best Fossil Watches for Men With Classic and Modern Taste
- An Honest Review of Unbound Merino, the Travel Shirt That Stays Fresh
- Altra Running Shoes’ Brian Beckstead Shares the Story of His Well-Trod Road to Success
- The Best Documentaries on Netflix Right Now