We never thought we would say this, but the amount of men’s grooming products out there is overwhelming. Just ten years ago we had half an aisle at the local drug store, mostly with Athletes foot powder and beard dyes. Now, there is a plethora of brands, which is exciting but can be confusing. Enter The Motley.
Founded in Los Angeles in 2010 by siblings Matthew Taylor Ruggieri and Madison Ruggieri, The Motley offers a curated selection of top of the line grooming products, each one tested by its’ founders (hard job, dudes) as well as personal consultations through e-mail, text and live chat. (Recently actor and musician Darren Criss invested in the company, bringing on serious PR buzz).
The site offers great shave items, cleaners, moisturizers, hair and fragrance from lines we love such as Baxter, Billy Jealousy, Ursa Major, Urth and Apivita. There are great gifts too from collabs with Joya candles to grooming and Dopp kits.
Recently, The Motley launched its’ first fragrance, Atlas. The name was inspired more from the world traveler than the hulky God; it’s a spicy, green scent with some manly Atlas cedar, oakmoss, musk, Indian cardamom and clove thrown in for a super Earthy aroma. Each amber bottle is hand poured in L.A. and each tin container is personalized to add the perfect amount of ‘shazam’.
- Hawthorne Grooming Brand Uses an Algorithm to Make Your Own Customized Grooming Essentials
- Beard Conditioners: What They Are and How They Work
- How to Shave With a Straight Razor: Everything You Need to Know
- Get Him a Little Something from Our List of the Best Stocking Stuffers for Men
- Honor Presidents’ Day with Some Grooming Tips Inspired by Presidents Past